Website Medical Staffing 360, LLC
- This position will plan, direct, and coordinate nursing activities at Fluvanna alongside the Health Care Program Manager. Effectively manages by leading RNs, LPNs, CNAs, Medical Records, and other assigned clinical staff.
- Coordinates patient care in partnership with the physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, psychologists/QMHPs, and security staff to ensure that offenders are provided appropriate medical care.
- Serves as relief for the Health Authority for the site.
- Provides training as necessary to staff and education to offenders about healthy lifestyles.
- Helps implement and ensure longevity of evidence-based nursing procedures and guidelines for staff to follow for both administrative and clinical duties which staff are expected to perform.
- Develops a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention on delivery of quality patient care. Establishes a mission statement that describes the scope of service for the department.
- As a part of the VADOC Health Services Unit, this position supports the agency’s mission to strive for excellence in healthcare by supporting and promoting the well-being of persons in its custody.
- The Health Services Unit’s primary focus is providing quality healthcare while being good stewards of the Commonwealth’s resources.
- Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration or similar nursing/health care required from an accredited college/university.
- A current Virginia Registered Nurse license issued by VADHP.
- Must have Proficient or Expert level of nursing experience in women’s health, or large healthcare system experience. Advanced management/supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, clinical supervision, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assess and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. Working knowledge of HIPAA, ACA, NCCHC, and Code of VA policies.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas effective by conveying by word and in writing.
- Proficient or Expert level of nursing experience in a DON role or other top-level Manager/Director role.
- Recent nursing experience in a correctional healthcare setting.
- All applicants are subject to a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
- The investigation may include: fingerprint checks (State Police, FBI); local agency checks; employment verification; verification of education (relevant to employment); credit checks; and other checks requested by the hiring authority.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com