Website Medical Staffing 360, LLC
- Position provides health care, treatments and related services for those offenders incarcerated in an adult institution. Conducts screening of offenders with health complaints.
- Provides nursing services, health care and treatment to offenders in an adult correctional institution.
- Assesses offenders’ health problems and needs, prepares and administers prescribed medications, initiates emergency interventions, first aid measures, and assists physician.
- Develops and implements medical/nursing guidelines and maintains medical records. Provides training as necessary to staff and education to offenders about healthy lifestyles. Day shifts or night shift (with stipend) schedules are available!
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Must possess and maintain valid unrestricted Virginia LPN license (if you are a recent graduate of a nursing program in VA and not yet licensed, NCLEX-PN exam must be scheduled at time of application).
- Well-rounded in general nursing education. Possess critical thinking and judgment skills. Working knowledge of mental health illnesses.
- Working knowledge of withdrawal symptoms and medication-assisted treatment. Medication management and pharmacological knowledge required.
- Prefer experience working in a Corrections or Law enforcement environment.
- Prefer experience working with mental health patients.
- Prefer candidates who have a current AHA BLS/CPR certification.
- All applicants are subject to a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
- The investigation may include the following: fingerprint checks (State Police, FBI); local agency checks; employment verification; verification of education (relevant to employment); credit checks; and other checks requested by the hiring authority.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com